The targeted insulation and ventilation in the Women’s Merino 250 Base Layer Crew allows you to stay comfortable while you’re out working up a sweat.
The Smartwool community is a collection of people who believe that time outside is valuable, restorative, and essential for everyone.
When Smartwool started making socks back in 1994, their founders simply wanted to be able to ski longer without getting cold toes.
That’s when they discovered the benefits of Merino wool as a performance fabric. It was soft (softer than any wool they had every felt), moisture-wicking, thermoregulating (warm when it’s cold, and cool when it’s warm), sustainable, and odor-neutralizing- helping to keep feet dry, comfortable, and warm for longer than the synthetic socks they were wearing at the time. It worked so well, in fact, that Smartwool uses it in almost every single item they make.
Smartwool was the first outdoor company to make performance Merino wool ski socks- revolutionizing the category and forever changing the way outdoor enthusiasts viewed their feet.
Smartwool’s whole brand was built on the desire to be comfortable on outdoor adventures-we wanted to go farther and experience more. And that drive continues to fuel everything Smartwool does. From their Merino wool supply chain to the Smartwool advocacy program to how they design their socks and apparel, Smartwool exists to help you play, love, and laugh in the great outdoors as often as you would like.
- WARM INSULATION: The targeted insulation and ventilation in the Women’s Merino 250 Base Layer Crew will allow you to stay comfortable while you’re out working up a sweat.
- COMFORTABLE FIT: This top is made with an interlock knit for enhanced comfort, breathability, thermoregulation, and odor resistance with Merino-covered shoulder panels and traditional slim fit design, allowing you to wear all day long without any discomfort.
- DURABLE WEAR: The flatlock seam construction of this top is specially designed to minimize chafing, making this Crew perfect to wear underneath a snow jacket during a long day of skiing!
- MERINO 250: This heavier, soft, 100% Merino wool fabric offers breathable warmth, moves sweat away from the body, odor control, thermoregulation, and provides next-to-skin comfort in colder weather conditions.
- CARE INSTRUCTIONS: Comprised of 100% Merino Wool, the Women’s Merino 250 Base Layer Crew should be machine washed in warm water on a gentle cycle and tumble dried on low. Cool iron and dry clean as needed, but do not bleach these bottoms.